Strange client problem: ping and RDP working, but no SAMBA shares and internal webpages access

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
ivan.audero
OpenVpn Newbie

Strange client problem: ping and RDP working, but no SAMBA shares and internal webpages access

Post by ivan.audero » Fri May 28, 2021 8:37 am

Good morning,
I am facing a very strange issue. I am connecting through OpenVPN Connect to my company VPN. I do connect correctly, I see shared folders and can connect with rdp and ssh. Anyway, I can't open files nor open internal web pages: when I double click a file in a shared folder, explorer freezes and after a very long timeout (several minutes) the program says it cannot open the files (same behaviour with browser accessing internal web pages). No antivirus, and Windows firewall completely disabled. Access is made through IP address, which I ping correctly.

Already changed ISP, tried tethering, and many other things, but nothing working.

Any hint about this?

Thank you very much!

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Strange client problem: ping and RDP working, but no SAMBA shares and internal webpages access

Post by TinCanTech » Fri May 28, 2021 10:30 am

Ask your company technical support for assistance.

ivan.audero
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Strange client problem: ping and RDP working, but no SAMBA shares and internal webpages access

Post by ivan.audero » Fri May 28, 2021 12:20 pm

Alreday done, they told me it could be a vpn issue... that's why I wrote here :-)

Anyway just asking if you could provide me at least some ideas to try...

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Fri May 28, 2021 12:32 pm

Your company manage the server to which you are connecting and they are paid to support you.

We know nothing about their servers, so there is nothing we can do to help.

If you require professional assistance then I am available for hire: tincantech at protonmail dot com