winodws 10 server client can see only the server

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.
Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
DarkPhoinix
OpenVpn Newbie

winodws 10 server client can see only the server

Post by DarkPhoinix » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Hi all,
next installation my clients cant only see the server ip: 10.8.0.1,192.168.0.10 the server can't ping clients.
if i use "internet connection sharing" in the ethernet adapter link to TAP and in the TAP give ip 10.8.0.1 manually i can navigate and see all LAN PC,
but at restart of machine not working WEB navigation! i need leave the "internet connection sharing" and remake another time all.
The server can't ping clients!

DarkPhoinix
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: winodws 10 server client can see only the server

Post by DarkPhoinix » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 pm

Sorry can not cant:

Next installation my clients *CAN only see the server ip: 10.8.0.1,192.168.0.10 the server can't ping clients.
if i use "internet connection sharing" in the ethernet adapter link to TAP and in the TAP give ip 10.8.0.1 manually i can navigate and see all LAN PC,
but at restart of machine not working WEB navigation! i need leave the "internet connection sharing" and remake another time all.
The server can't ping clients!

OpenVPN Power User

Post by 300000 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:33 am

Windows 10 makes NAT become very mess up . it not work as before and every kind VPN have been affected. my windows 10 install server work when I reset network and install everything and client can do everything but not working anymore when restart windows . how I hate windows now . they never keep it when it is working but after update let everything going wrong. I find the best option is buy a raspberry make it as vpn server at home run 24/7 . cheap . fast very quick to run and have many support available.

DarkPhoinix
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by DarkPhoinix » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:49 pm

300000 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:33 am
Windows 10 makes NAT become very mess up . it not work as before and every kind VPN have been affected. my windows 10 install server work when I reset network and install everything and client can do everything but not working anymore when restart windows . how I hate windows now . they never keep it when it is working but after update let everything going wrong. I find the best option is buy a raspberry make it as vpn server at home run 24/7 . cheap . fast very quick to run and have many support available.
raspberry is a real solution , i see not how to setup windows firewall and nat on windows 10 in forum and if you find one link to it the post is deleted !
Very strange ....
However I have solved for the moment I pass the internet traffic from the local gateway, I have to make the rules for the firewall because nothing works giving only free green openvpn.exe!
Have you noticed that there is no guide on how to truly configure openvpn for windows 10? they don't talk about NAT or firewall!