SMB Not listening on TAP adapter

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
gizmoshq
OpenVpn Newbie

SMB Not listening on TAP adapter

Post by gizmoshq » Wed May 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Odd one here. Not my first OVPN. Have Asus router to AWS OVPN Server. Am able to connect fine to the AWS Server 2016 VM from clients behind the ASUS router via RDP.

AWS TAP IP 10.8.0.1

I can ping that adapter from the clients, I can connect via RDP, HOWEVER, it would seem the Server 2019 VM is not sharing files on that adapter. The Local IP of the AWS machine is 172.31.24.245, the IP address of the Open VPN SERVER TAP Adapter is 10.8.0.1 . The tunnel is up and fine as I can ping and RDP, but if I attempt to go net view \\10.8.0.1 from any of the clients, or even from the console of the Server 2019 VM, I get Network Path not Found.

It would appear the MS machine is not advertising SMB shares on the TAP adapter. I can see them fine by going \\172.31.24.245 . Anyone know if there are any tricks to advertise MS Network Shares on the TAP adapter?