Slow speed ONLY via home connection (2)

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.
Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Karzeus
OpenVpn Newbie

Slow speed ONLY via home connection (2)

Post by Karzeus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:46 am

Hi all,

I have the exact same problem as gudetuxir in this post: viewtopic.php?t=24414#p71414 :
I have a VPS hosted in Holland on which I configured my openVPN server 9 months ago. I configured it so that it passes through tcp, on port 443 and everything was working great until last week. Since last week, when I connect to my VPN from my desktop at home, connection is really slow. Same thing if I connect from my phone connected to my home wifi. However, everything works perfectly when I connect from work (right now I am connecting from work, since openvpn.net is blocked here).

My issue is, in the post I mentioned earlier, the solution for gudetuxir was to use the TCP protocol and port 443. However, that is already my configuration and I still have this issue :?

My server is a Centos 7 machine, on which i installed docker and am running kylemanna's OpenVPN Docker container (https://github.com/kylemanna/docker-openvpn)

Could anyone help? I'd be happy to give you more information on my setup if you need.

Thanks,

Karzeus

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Slow speed ONLY via home connection (2)

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:51 am

The thread you quote from gudetuxir showed that "most likely" his ISP was throttling him.
So that thread is of little use to you.
Karzeus wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:46 am
Since last week, when I connect to my VPN from my desktop at home, connection is really slow. Same thing if I connect from my phone connected to my home wifi. However, everything works perfectly when I connect from work
Then there is probably something wrong at your home ..

Please see:
HOWTO: Request Help !