Multiple Connections From Same Subnet

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
melriv
OpenVpn Newbie

Multiple Connections From Same Subnet

Post by melriv » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm new to this everyone and have managed to get myself to this point, I successfully setup a server config on my Server 2016 and am able to remote in from another location with one client no problems! I'm not trying to add another system on that same subnet, I've got separate keys generated and the 2nd system does indeed connect without any issues that I can see from the log, however I am unable to ping even the remote router, let alone the server I'm trying to gain access too. I've just started this process as I'm trying to move away from internet facing RDP connections! I'm configured via a TUN, routed setup. I don't want to allow the connection to "share" on the client side as there is a chance they wont be on the same subnet always so want to allow them to function when that happens. I do NOT need access from the server side to the clients in this scenario so subnet access is only needed the one way to login and use Quickbooks.

melriv
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Multiple Connections From Same Subnet

Post by melriv » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Sorry for the delay in config information people, I just inline edited the example files instead of creating a clean config and have indeed been busy. Hope this is done right!

I have set the server side IPEnableRouter 1 in the registry. Since this was initially working, I am still able to connect but now not getting traffic.

Client Config
# This is a comment
client
dev tun
proto udp
remote 555.555.555.555 1194
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\ca.crt"
cert "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\brad.crt"