connect three LAN's with Open VPN keeping addressation, and client acting as server(?)

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
nowakom
OpenVpn Newbie

connect three LAN's with Open VPN keeping addressation, and client acting as server(?)

Post by nowakom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Hello,
is it possible to configure OpenVPN this way:

LAN1 (behind NAT, no public IP, not accessible form internet, only reverse SSH tunnel aviable, network addr: 10.0.0.0/24), router with LEDE 17 and OpenVPN Client - this host initiates whole VPN, other machines (mostly Debian) without OpenVPN Clients, IP cameras, NAS.
LAN2 (behind NAT, public IP, accessible from internet, network addr: 10.1.1.0/24). Router with LEDE 17 and OpenVPN Server listening for LAN1 router incomming connection, one Debian file/db/www server not accessible from internet.
LAN3* mobile clients Debian/macOS/Android etc. with OpenVPN Client.

How to set this up to be visible as one LAN with 10.0.0.0/24 addressation with all hosts able to comunicate each other?
I mean: when I am phisically at LAN1 (not usung OVPNClent) I can access any host at LAN2 using 10.0.0.x, and any mobile host from LAN3. When I'm mobile, I can access LAN1 and LAN2 with 10.0.0.x etc.

Skaperen
OpenVPN Power User

Re: connect three LAN's with Open VPN keeping addressation, and client acting as server(?)

Post by Skaperen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:13 am

yes it is possible. but you can make things easier by using slightly different addresses. you did not say what addresses LAN3 uses. is there a NAT on LAN3?

nowakom
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: connect three LAN's with Open VPN keeping addressation, and client acting as server(?)

Post by nowakom » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am

Skaperen: LAN3 is 10.0.0.0/8 and it's also behind NAT.