OpenVPN Cloud and pfSense

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
deanfourie
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN Cloud and pfSense

Post by deanfourie » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:47 am

Hi there, I am having a bit of trouble getting this working well with pfSense and I have some basic questions, I feel like I am now close to getting this going.

I currently have 2 simultaneous clients connected to my cloud connector, however I cannot access ether device from the other.

Here's my goal.

I have a client which is my router, pfSense. I am connecting it to OpenVPN cloud and I want other clients connected to the same cloud to have full network access to my local subnet that the router is on.

So my LAN is on 192.168.1.0/24, I want all clients that connect to the VPN to have full access to all clients on the 192.168.1.0/24 network from outside. I have set up a Remote connection connector, and I have added the "route" `192.168.1.0/24, both clients are connected to the cloud but cannot reach, anything, not even each other.

*Do I need to setup additional routing in pfSense for the VPN to be able to reach the local LAN subnet?

*Does my VPN private subnet need to be the same as the LAN subnet, I assume not and this is the reason for adding the cloud route?

*I have created 1 connector, and have assigned additional devices to that user allowing more then one connection with the same user, I assume this is the correct config?

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, I've been going at this now for about a week and just cant get my head around what is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

deanfourie
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN Cloud and pfSense

Post by deanfourie » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:51 am

Also the reason I am using OVPNCloud is because I cannot put my WAN gateway in bridged mode, so it cannot forward IPSec traffic. Thus I am using my WAN gateway as a upstream gateway in pfSense, and using the OpenVPN client to create the outbound tunnel.

deanfourie
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN Cloud and pfSense

Post by deanfourie » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:57 am

Why is it that my VPN subnet is a /28 yet I am assigned a IP of 172.16.100.18 to one of my connected clients?

Yet the rest all fall under the /28 subnet with addresses on 2 3 and 4 etc.

How are my clients with addresses of 172.16.100.3 etc going to reach another client at 172.16.100.18 on a /28 network?

Im going to go crazy.