Using this service with AWS

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
cloudlady911
OpenVpn Newbie

Using this service with AWS

Post by cloudlady911 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:46 pm

All my servers in in AWS. I have setup the service and ran the cloudformation to create my Connector.
The instructions say to add the connector security group to all the hosts I want to allow access to. (I think I have to add the security group to an existing security group. Not directly to the host.

Lets say I have two hosts. FTP1 (running Ubuntu) and Windows1. I have testuser1 and testuser2. I have an Access Groups FTP and Windows. I want testuser1 to have access to only port 22 on FTP1 and RDP port on Windows1. Testuser2 should have access to port 22 on FTP1 only.

Questions:
1. Do I need to add the FTP1 and Windows1 hosts in the Hosts section? If so, how does OpenVPN know where this server is exactly?
2. How do I route traffic to these hosts? IP addresses might change. I want the users to be able to use their dns names. i.e. ftp1.domain.com and windows1.domain.com.
3. My current vpn adds the dns server for route53 to my local network when I connect. its 10.30.0.2. I plan to have two VPC connected. The other DNS server will be 10.30.0.2. How do I manage this with OpenVPN Cloud?

cloudlady911
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Using this service with AWS

Post by cloudlady911 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Anybody? is the answer that I have to install the "connector" on all my servers?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Using this service with AWS

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi There,

I can see a related ticket for this on our ticketing system (ticket #: OBM-648-53521) and I think it is already been being worked on.
Please continue the communication on that ticket. Thank you!

Regards,
Crowley
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support