Logging Options

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
jsurles
OpenVpn Newbie

Logging Options

Post by jsurles » Wed May 19, 2021 5:12 pm

Hello,

I love this option (OpenVPN Cloud).. I set it up, all is marvelous.. then I realized there is really no logging.. or am I totally missing it.

It seems the only logs I can see in the admin interface are the errors. Is there any logging for current connections and connection history available in the admin console, or anywhere else for that matter?

Please advise.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Logging Options

Post by openvpn_inc » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:51 pm

Hi There,

For the logs is not available at the moment, we understand how it is important to see connection logs and we plan to add it in one of our future releases. Also, you can check your connector logs if your using linux, directly under:

Code: Select all

/var/log/syslog
For more informative of logs data that you can capture, you can increase the level of verbosity to level 6, default is 4

Code: Select all

run openvpn3-admin log-service --log-level 6
While if your using Windows for connector, you can check logs directly from OpenVPN Connect App (navigate on the upper right of app, then click the scroll icon)
jsurles wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:12 pm
Hello,

I love this option (OpenVPN Cloud).. I set it up, all is marvelous.. then I realized there is really no logging.. or am I totally missing it.

It seems the only logs I can see in the admin interface are the errors. Is there any logging for current connections and connection history available in the admin console, or anywhere else for that matter?

Please advise.
Regards,
Crowley
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support