Static Public ip for site to site

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
tommasparpan
OpenVpn Newbie

Static Public ip for site to site

Post by tommasparpan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 am

Hi Everyone! Im new in this vpn setup stuff and i need your help. I have a running server in aws and I need to connect this server to a different site/network. My question is:

1. Do i need a static public IP for that second site/network that i need to connect to aws.

2.So in order for a site to site connection to work. I need to put a connector on a site right? So this connector is like a router or a small server.

Current setup. I have have multiple servers from a different site like a cctv server that needs to communicate with my app server in aws using Openvpn cloud as a service

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Static Public ip for site to site

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:05 pm

tommasparpan wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 am
Hi Everyone! Im new in this vpn setup stuff and i need your help. I have a running server in aws and I need to connect this server to a different site/network. My question is:

1. Do i need a static public IP for that second site/network that i need to connect to aws.

2.So in order for a site to site connection to work. I need to put a connector on a site right? So this connector is like a router or a small server.

Current setup. I have have multiple servers from a different site like a cctv server that needs to communicate with my app server in aws using Openvpn cloud as a service
Hey Tom,

You need two connectors, one at AWS and the other at the site with multiple servers. "Connector" here means "OpenVPN client software." Such software is available for most operating systems. Rather than think of it as router or server, a better analogy is "network interface and cable." Each connector needs Internet access; neither needs a static IP address.

User Guide - Site-to-Site Private Connectivity
User Guide - Securing remote access to AWS VPC
VPN Setup Examples
OpenVPN Cloud Knowledge Base

If you're still having questions, just ask, or feel free to open a Support ticket at the link in my signature.

regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support