Error: Profile Import Error

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
e40
OpenVpn Newbie

Error: Profile Import Error

Post by e40 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:09 pm

I downloaded the OpenVPN config from seedbox.io and imported it into one macOS machine. Installed from the same DMG onto another (the real one I want to use it on, most of the time) and I get the Profile Import Error when I import the same .ovpn file that worked on the first machine.

macOS version on both: 11.6

OpenVPN connect version: 2.7.1.111

I downloaded a new VPN config and reinstalled on the 2nd machine... same thing! Stumped. Thanks.

e40
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Error: Profile Import Error

Post by e40 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:14 pm

Holy cow, I didn't realize there was a completely different and newer version... downloaded 3.3.1.4000 and it seems to work. Sorry for the noise.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Error: Profile Import Error

Post by openvpn_inc » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:55 pm

Hello e40,

It's possible that the configuration used parameters that are too new for the old OpenVPN Connect v2 client, and that's why it failed to import. As you've found out, we have a newer client, OpenVPN Connect v3. Fortunately that one supported the profile you wanted to use.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support