On App Start "Tunnelblick needs to change ownership and premissions"

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
GGITech
OpenVpn Newbie

On App Start "Tunnelblick needs to change ownership and premissions"

Post by GGITech » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:20 pm

Tunnelblick needs to:
Change owernship and premissions of the program to secure it

This happens everytime Tunnelblick starts, including on reboot if left running when shutdown.
This started happening 3-4 versions ago for me, I keep waiting for an update to fix it, but apparently NO ONE on the internet has this issue as there are no search returns I can find.

macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
Tunnelblick 3.8.7beta02 (build 5730)

I have removed and re-installed both 3.8.7beta01, beta02, and stable.
None seem to install and overcome this issue.
Seems that install for some reason does not write the correct permissions to the file it needs. Ever?

I am at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: On App Start "Tunnelblick needs to change ownership and premissions"

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:06 am

Hello GGITech,

Sorry to say this but you're barking up the wrong tree here. OpenVPN Connect is a completely separate program. It is not related to Tunnelblick. So if you have a problem with Tunnelblick, I suggest you find the right place to report issues to Tunnelblick maintainers. It is not here in the OpenVPN Connect area, as we do not maintain Tunnelblick here.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

GGITech
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: On App Start "Tunnelblick needs to change ownership and premissions"

Post by GGITech » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:00 am

Sorry, I clicked on User forum on the tunnel blick page and failed to realize it was the OpenVPN forum....all apologies.

You can delete this thread.