"pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway" option not working on latest OpenVPN Client

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
SmallField
OpenVpn Newbie

"pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway" option not working on latest OpenVPN Client

Post by SmallField » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:00 am

Hi everyone.
Now I'm facing the issue that is "pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway" option not working on latest OpenVPN Client - 3.3.4(2600).

Even after adding option "pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway" toward profile, route(0.0.0.0/1 via VPN Server) is added automatically.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

※I've confirmed same issue also on version 3.3.1(2222)
But on version 2.4.6(I602) and 2.5.5, the issue didn't happen - we could use Internet directly without going through VPN Server.

Best Regards,

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: "pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway" option not working on latest OpenVPN Client

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:40 pm

Hi Small,

How did you add this? Did you reimport the profile after editing it? If not, that's surely the problem.

Note that the other versions you mentioned are not OpenVPN Connect; they are community version openvpn(8).

regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

SmallField
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: "pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway" option not working on latest OpenVPN Client

Post by SmallField » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:58 am

Dear rob0,

Thank you so much for your reply, I understood that version 2.4.6(I602) and 2.5.5 are community version openvpn(8).
As you mentioned, I reimported the profile after editing profile - adding option "pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway".
Since I use exactly same profile on all version OpenVPN Client, I think this issue depends on version.
But I don't know how to avoid this issue on latest OpenVPN Client - 3.3.4(2600)...
I'd really appreciated if you teach me solution.

Best Regards,