OpenSslContext: CA not defined

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
boakoms
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenSslContext: CA not defined

Post by boakoms » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Hello,

I am working on a software company as a tech support. For problems or requests we need to connect their server. Due to pandemic our customers starting using VPNs, and some of them using OpenVPN as a solution.
At start i was just using OpenVpn client but due to the increasing amount of VPN user i need management software and i found OpenConnect.
Everything is fine with OpenConnect if the is just a config file (.ovpn) but there are some customers using Certificate files too (.p12 and .key) and when i try to connect their vpns i get error OpenSslContext: CA not defined.
In OpenConnect i drag&drop .ovpn file then i add the .p12 file as certificate but dont know what to do with .key files.
I am newbie at this stuff and couldnt figure out what to do ?

Why do i get this error and what should i do to solve this ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

boakoms
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenSslContext: CA not defined

Post by boakoms » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:07 pm

Hello,
I see that my topic moved to OpenConnect to the Configuration section, but i dont really heave connection or configuration problem here.I can able to connect via OpenVPN interface. But i want to connect with OpenConnect interface if its possible. So what are the main difference bewtween OpenVPN and OpenConnect interfaces ?
Is there any documentation about using OpenConnect with .opvn, .p12 and .key files ?
Regards.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:09 pm

See INLINE FILE SUPPORT here: https://build.openvpn.net/man/openvpn-2 ... vpn.8.html

OpenvpnConnect should support the same tags.

boakoms
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by boakoms » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:17 pm

Hello,

Thank you for answer.

Regards.

markrob
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by markrob » Sat May 13, 2023 2:34 pm

Hi Boakoms
Did this answer help you. I didn't find help going through it. If you got it sorted, can you please share.

rhoki
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by rhoki » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:24 pm

Hi, markrob
In case you are trying to use secret key mode:

https://openvpn.net/vpn-server-resource ... t-android/
OpenVPN Connect uses the OpenVPN3 client library. While it supports almost all configuration directives, some are deemed obsolete or rarely-used. If you believe there is a directive we're not supporting right now, but should, let us know by opening a support ticket and providing the details there.

Here is a partial list of directives not currently supported:

secret — Static key encryption mode (non-TLS) isn’t supported.