Digital signature missing on latest version

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
openizer
OpenVpn Newbie

Digital signature missing on latest version

Post by openizer » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:21 pm

Hello,
When I install the latest version of OpenVPN Connect, I get a digital signature error from Norton 360.
The version I downloaded is 3.3.4.2600.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Digital signature missing on latest version

Post by openvpn_inc » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:01 pm

Hello openizer,

If this is coming from our website, you should try redownloading and rechecking. It is signed correctly when downloaded from our website.

If this is coming from your own OpenVPN Access Server installation, then it is expected that the digital signature has become invalid. It is signed, however, since we bundle a profile into it, the signature becomes invalid. It is not possible to sign it with a valid signature when bundling profiles. This is due to a change in how Microsoft verifies digital signatures now.

We intend to introduce a different way of profile loading. However this will take some time before it is released.

If you wish to have an installer from Access Server with bundled connection profile, kindly bypass the warning.
If you wish to avoid the warning, download OpenVPN Connect from our website and then use the import function to load a connection profile.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

LuisKerner
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Digital signature missing on latest version

Post by LuisKerner » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:27 am

Upgrade to the latest version, please.