Unable to import certificate

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
sgresu
OpenVpn Newbie

Unable to import certificate

Post by sgresu » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:44 pm

Hi all,
I have an old qnap nas and I enabled the openvpn service. I downloaded the certificate and the openvpn.ovpn file. I added my nas ip to the .ovpn and port forwarded the 1194 udp on the rounter(the nas is under a NAT ip).
I installed the openvpn connect client on my windows 10 laptop, I installed the certificate, I'm able to import the .ovpn but I'm not able to import the external certificate. the list is empty.
if I try to make the profile from scratch, putting the public ip of the nas(forwarded to the 192.168.x.x) it fails to import the profile due connection timeout.

what's wrong with the client/nas?

thank you very much

linuxxxunil
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Unable to import certificate

Post by linuxxxunil » Wed May 31, 2023 3:10 am

sorry for no answer but i have the same problem (can't import the external certificate) but my client is macos monterey.
i submitted a ticket to qnap. if anything comes up i'll try to remember to come back here (just signed up today).
You do know that qnap has a pretty good support line by way of replying back to tech support questions.

adamduff
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Unable to import certificate

Post by adamduff » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:28 am

I have a similar problem, but my OVPN file has the certificate within it (a unified file), but the OpenVPN client I'm using (Windows) just doesn't import the certificate - so please let me know if you do have any updates! - thanks :-)