Win11 vs AVAST: Internet disappears with OpenVPN and Antivirus

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
yalexjas
OpenVpn Newbie

Win11 vs AVAST: Internet disappears with OpenVPN and Antivirus

Post by yalexjas » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:57 am

Hi.
Moved from win10 to win 11. On win10 everything worked as it should. On win11, when OpenVPN_Connect is connected, the Internet stops working when the antivirus is turned on. I tried it on different antiviruses. Now I use AVAST. As soon as I turn off the antivirus, the Internet starts working. What could be the problem?
I am using OpenVPN_Connect v 3.3.2 (2475). Thanks.

yalexjas
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Win11 vs AVAST: Internet disappears with OpenVPN and Antivirus

Post by yalexjas » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:27 am

figured out what was the matter. the internal network had the same subnet as the home network. On the router I had 192 168 0 1, changed to 192 168 1 1 and it all worked.

lynx_de
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Win11 vs AVAST: Internet disappears with OpenVPN and Antivirus

Post by lynx_de » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:50 am

Hey, I'm having the same issue, I'm also using Win11 and Avast. We have a multi site config, that means when I'm at site with the same subnet like in my VPN config, the internet is blocked and every VLAN except the VLAN that's linked to our OVPN Server. If I conncect to a VLAN on that site that is not linked to our OVPN Server, everything is working fine.

I figuerd a little workaround out for Internet access, when you're connected to the same subnet local and with the VPN, if you just change the DNS Server for your WiFi or LAN adapater, for exemple to Google 8.8.8.8, you gain Internet access again, but not to the local VLANs that are not linked to OVPN Server.