OpenVPN hangs connection

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
MarcVank
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN hangs connection

Post by MarcVank » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:47 pm

Since I have a Draytek Vigor 2927 I have a problem with my windows 10 laptop hanging the OpenVPN connection after some time.

I connect to my Draytek Vigor 2927 with a few devices (2xIphones, 2xSynology NAS, 2xLaptop) and only 1 windows laptop is having problems.
There is no problem in making the connection; it works and is stable, but after some time (1-4 hours) the connection is still there according to the taskbar but in the router it is gone and I cannot reach the remote network.

The server-side config is not available to me; I cannot find it. My local config is the same on all devices and is generated by the Draytek router;

Code: Select all

client
dev tun
proto tcp
remote xxxxx.yyyyyyy.zz 443
auth sha256
cipher aes-256-cbc
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
redirect-gateway autolocal def1
auth-user-pass
keepalive 10 120
persist-key
persist-tun
reneg-sec 3600
auth-nocache
tun-mtu 1500
I added the "keepalive" to try to keep the connection, but no avail.

The log has the following warnings:

Code: Select all

WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='link-mtu 1571', remote='link-mtu 1174'
WARNING: 'tun-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='tun-mtu 1500', remote='tun-mtu 1103'
WARNING: 'mssfix' is present in remote config but missing in local config, remote='mssfix 1360'
but if I add the first two in the client-config, I cannot get a connection at all. Adding mssfix doesn't make any difference.

Is there a way to resolve this?
I have the latest firmware on the router and I have OpenVPN GUI v11.13.0.0