Connected to Server, but Unable to Access Shared Network Folders

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
andrew.rogers
OpenVpn Newbie

Connected to Server, but Unable to Access Shared Network Folders

Post by andrew.rogers » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:52 pm

I have been dealing with this issue for a few months now. I am not well rounded with IOT or VPN trouble shooting so my terminology may be incorrect. Since I started my new position I have tried to work remotely and access the share folders on my office wifi. I am able to connect but I am not able to access out 2 shared network folders. I do get a few errors on start-up of the VPN which may be the cause, but I am not entirely sure. I'll paste them below. When following the cypher instruction prompted by the command window, I am not able to make changes to the client file since I am not the admin/owner of the file.
Mon Jun 21 11:29:44 2021 Warning: cannot open --log file: C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\log\client.log: Input/output error (errno=5)
Mon Jun 21 11:29:44 2021 WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.
Mon Jun 21 11:29:44 2021 --cipher is not set. Previous OpenVPN version defaulted to BF-CBC as fallback when cipher negotiation failed in this case. If you need this fallback please add '--data-ciphers-fallback BF-CBC' to your configuration and/or add BF-CBC to --data-ciphers.