Do you want to upgrade to version 1.13.0.3894 ?

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
unveu
OpenVpn Newbie

Do you want to upgrade to version 1.13.0.3894 ?

Post by unveu » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:55 pm

On running OVPN today got this pop up box ... Do you want to upgrade to version 1.13.0.3894 ?

If I click Ok then get pop up window .. Unable to start installer. Cannot start installer binary as updater

If I click Cancel the client screen closes...

So at the moment there is no way to connect even if you don't upgrade ...

----
If you try to do a clean reinstall ... uninstall OVPN and then try to install latest version

unveu
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Do you want to upgrade to version 1.13.0.3894 ?

Post by unveu » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:07 pm

... ok quick update ...

after attempts to uninstall fail because it says can't upgrade because earlier version exists ... delete that first ...

Now a couple of pc restarts later ... when opening OVPN I no longer get prompt to upgrade and I can connect using version 1.13.0.3875 ... so this works for me as I can use OVPN...

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:59 pm

Hello unvue,

We don't have software with that version number. So it's likely some client program not from the OpenVPN community or the OpenVPN Inc. company.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

rotsee
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by rotsee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:39 pm

I believe this refers to the Swedish VPN provider OVPN's somewhat confusingly named client: https://www.ovpn.com/sv

It has a version with this exact version number, and also this bug occurring on Linux systems.

(Posting here, as this questions shows up in the search engine results for that error message)