AWFUL EXPERIENCE

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
Serrip
OpenVpn Newbie

AWFUL EXPERIENCE

Post by Serrip » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:17 pm

I AM SO FED UP, TIRED AND _ANGRY_ JUST REALLY ANGRY WITH THIS POORLY WRITTEN USER EXPERIENCE !!

Due to my provider’s root certificates expiring I was forced to change all of my OpenVPN profiles, all seventy of them.

As they’re password protected I had to manually tap (copy and paste) my username and passphrase into the relevant fields of each and every single one, there was no “apply to all” convenience.

I counted a total of twelve taps needed to navigate your menu system to locate, import and amend the profile, which at seventy profiles worked out at 840 manual taps on the screen, provided there were no mistakes. This was for the first seventy servers, then there are there is the slow down to where I have to wait TWELVE L O N G SECONDS for the profile to be processed.. what's it doing, writing to a plist file, big deal?!

Why does this have to happen, can you not design your software to be easier to use, particularly with batch processes where a group of profiles needs the same information applied to each one, why in 2019 is this still not addressed, it has been requested before.

Oh and after taking over two hours to add just over a hundred servers, OpenVPN then did its magical disappearing act and deleted all of my profiles and I lost all my work AGAIN, YES AGAIN, this is not the first time.

If it were not for some of my devices being too old to run Wireguard I would have switched away.

I HATE, absolutely DETEST this software, I REALLY HATE it !