Compression Hardcoded On With No Option?

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
OpenVPNTest
OpenVpn Newbie

Compression Hardcoded On With No Option?

Post by OpenVPNTest » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Prior versions had the ability to turn compression off via settings but in the current version the option is gone. In fact, when pushing no compression from the server the client using the app will NOT connect. Client will only connect when compression is NOT pushed from server.

How is one to mitigate “Voracle”?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Compression Hardcoded On With No Option?

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Without your configs and logs we cannot determine why you are experiencing problems.

As for VORACLE
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/VORACLE

OpenVPNTest
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by OpenVPNTest » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Thanks for the link, good info and helpful. It does say "draft" but under the Commercial products: OpenVPN Connect section the last sentence is incomplete, ends with if. I'm assuming it should say, "...but still accepts compressed packets if pushed by the server."?

Also, I stand corrected on compression settings being gone. After a complete reset, the compression option is there with 3 choices as before.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:26 pm

OpenVPNTest wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:21 pm
OpenVPN Connect section the last sentence is incomplete, ends with if. I'm assuming it should say, "...but still accepts compressed packets if pushed by the server."?
Thanks for letting us know of this error .. looks like somebody was not sure what to write ;)

I'll see that it gets fixed.
OpenVPNTest wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:21 pm
Also, I stand corrected on compression settings being gone. After a complete reset, the compression option is there with 3 choices as before
Thanks for letting us know you resolved the problem 8-)