iOS Failed to Import Profile

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
talkinggoat
OpenVpn Newbie

iOS Failed to Import Profile

Post by talkinggoat » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:43 am

I am getting the following error, when I use OpenVPN Connect to try to import my vpn settings. After the config file is loaded in OpenVPN Connect, when I click add, I get this:

Failed to import profile
Failed to import OVPN profile from selected file. Missing/bad files : cacert.pem, 6d6a5eaccb89ae9.pem client.certificate.pem

I have tried opening the config file over the cloud and through email. Nothing seems to work. All the files are in the same directory. All of the files match.

iOS 11.4.1

chronosynclastic
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: iOS Failed to Import Profile

Post by chronosynclastic » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:10 pm

I have a similar issue on iOS 12.0.0.

After I email myself the .ovpn and .pem files, I click on the ovpn file and open it in the OpenVPN app. I also clicked on the pem file, added and installed it under Profiles in iOS. Then, when I go back to the app and click on "Add" near the listed ovpn file, I get the following error:

Failed to import profile
Failed to import OVPN profile from selected file. Missing/bad file: <my_pem_file>: cannot open for read: /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/2B1E8E8F-...../Documents/Inbox/HHIvpnCA48.pem

I don't understand why my pem file is not found although I downloaded and added it under Profiles. I believe that the file is not corrupt because it is already being used widely in my company on many different platforms. I would appreciate if anyone has any solution for that.

EDIT: My config file
client

dev tun
proto udp

remote <vpn-server-address> 1194

ca <my_pem_file>

verb 3
auth-user-pass

cipher AES-256-CBC

pull

redirect-gateway def1

route-method exe