OVPN Connect iOS - issues importing ovpn + certs

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
Vlada
OpenVpn Newbie

OVPN Connect iOS - issues importing ovpn + certs

Post by Vlada » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I just registered, after browsing the forum for the last few days and I've seen a number of other members reporting the same issue (most of them happened a few years ago) without a clear resolution to the issue. I'd appreciate if someone can assist or clarify whether this is possible on the iOS app or still no.

I use VPN to access some of the systems at work, and it works perfectly on MacOS/Windows.

However, I have the need to sometimes access those systems from my mobile phone as well so need to connect to my OpenVPN account.

I do have the following set of files which are used through ovpn file to successfully connect from my computers:

client.ovpn
ca.crt
username.crt
username.csr
username.key

I managed to get the crt profiles installed on my iPhone, and ovpn config imported to my OpenVPN Connect app - however, it's reporting the usual "Error loading profile: Inbox/client.ovpn. Missing/bad files: ca.crt, username.crt, username.key".

Is there a workaround on how to successfully import the necessary files to an iOS device to connect to my company's VPN server?

Thanks a lot!

ordex
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OVPN Connect iOS - issues importing ovpn + certs

Post by ordex » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:18 am

Vlada wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm
I do have the following set of files which are used through ovpn file to successfully connect from my computers:

client.ovpn
ca.crt
username.crt
username.csr
username.key
if your .ovpn file mentions other files (i.e. ca.crt, etc..), then the latters must be loaded in the same folder (with iTunes) before you can try importing the profile.
Vlada wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm
I managed to get the crt profiles installed on my iPhone, and ovpn config imported to my OpenVPN Connect app - however, it's reporting the usual "Error loading profile: Inbox/client.ovpn. Missing/bad files: ca.crt, username.crt, username.key".
how did you get the "crt profiles" installed on the phone? I guess what I said above should help clarifying.

Vlada
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OVPN Connect iOS - issues importing ovpn + certs

Post by Vlada » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 am

Hi,

Thanks.

Putting those files into the same folder makes sense - however I am unsure how to load these via iTunes and to load them within the same folder as ovpn file?

I've uploaded CRT files temporarily to a web accessible location and downloaded-installed them to my phone.