After going into sleep mode the connection is active but the internet does not work

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
Nuno18
OpenVpn Newbie

After going into sleep mode the connection is active but the internet does not work

Post by Nuno18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:44 pm

Hello,

I installed the new version of openvpn 1.2.6 yesterday, but unlike the previous version I am having trouble keeping the connection active after my iPhone and iPad enter the standby mode.

What happens is that I turn on vpn, and after the iPhone goes into sleep mode the connection appears in the statusbar as active and in the app too, but if I try to use the internet it is not working...

This situation is new for me and it has never happened to me in previous versions, until I have tried different openvpn files from different servers from my operator and the result is the same.

Any suggestions / help?

Thanks.

Nuno18
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Nuno18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:26 pm

I've tried it with another VPN provider and the result was the same, the connection is active but no data is transmitted!

george58
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: After going into sleep mode the connection is active but the internet does not work

Post by george58 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm

We have same problem. I try everything, but no data transmit. This is only on iOS and versions 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 . On 1.1.1 version it goes well. From Windows client and Andoid client it also work good.
In client log isnt any error(I get IP adress and im connected). On server I didnt see any error..When I try ping from server to my iPad thru VPN, it is responding. But when I try to go on some local adress from iPad, it is not working.

And my headoffice managers, have only iPhones..so now I have big problem :-) They all upgrade to new versions and not have backup on icloud....

Sorry for my english.. :-)

nullbandit
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: After going into sleep mode the connection is active but the internet does not work

Post by nullbandit » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:14 pm

I have opened a ticket for for this bug. Please add your comments to the bug.

https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/993

ordex
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by ordex » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am

To avoid people adding random information to this thread, I am locking it. Please add any other detail to the ticket opened by nullbandit in the bug tracker.

Thanks !