I can´t connect via wifi to my server (iphone 7) But through 4g I can.

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
fransismdk
OpenVpn Newbie

I can´t connect via wifi to my server (iphone 7) But through 4g I can.

Post by fransismdk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:11 am

Morning friends!!!

I have imported my opevpn.ovpn through mail in my Iphone 7, but when I connect via wifi to my server it doesn´t work, however, if I connect with 4G connection it works perfectly ... (All of this out of my lan)

Can somebody help me to solve this problem???

Many thanks in advance.

Dapeep
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: I can´t connect via wifi to my server (iphone 7) But through 4g I can.

Post by Dapeep » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:07 pm

I have this same problem. Any WiFi connection gets no response from the VPN server, but my LTE/4G data connects successfully. Even on the same local network as the server, the phone gets no response, while windows PC's on the same network successfully connect. I doubt this is a port-forwarding problem since connecting via LTE works fine. I have been struggling for a day and a half to get this running.

Admittedly, I have not tested WiFi on very many connections. Perhaps the VPN wont connect if client and host are already on the same router, and the other's I tried have had some sort of protection? Taking suggestions please

The VPN server is running on a RaspberryPi 3 with Raspbian. I cannot connect over WiFi on my iPhone 7.

Should the key be set up in a specific way for IOS? Might this have something to do with the latest update to IOS 11? Anyone else have this issue?

Additionally I have a web server running from the Pi and am not having any issues connecting to it. Am I right in assuming this is a configuration issue? Or could there be a conflict because of the web server? (I don't know why there would be)

Stumped. :oops:

Dapeep
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Dapeep » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Update: I tried to connect over various public WiFi networks and each one timed out, although one of them had a few KBs of data sent back to the phone before timing out

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:00 pm

You can aimlessly discuss your problems all you want
but if you want informed help I suggest you read this:
HOWTO: Request Help !