OpenVPN protocol in China.

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
PaulDvora
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN protocol in China.

Post by PaulDvora » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:35 am

Hi, guys. So, currently I'm based in China and I got an issue:

Whichever service I use (Surfshark, Windscribe, Strong VPN) it 100 percent connects using mobile data internet and works perfectly, but when using WiFi it hardly connects (usually stucks at 'auth' stage) and when I manage to connect it works for some time (absolutely random amount 10-20 mins) and after just stops receiving any data till I reconnect it. I thought it was a particular service's issue, but it goes for any vpn service I use. So I guess ovpn needs special settings to be set up in order to work fine in China.

And the second issue: it is much slower than my other vpn protocols. And again, any vpn service that I use, has almost the identical speed which is significantly lower than others.

I hope someone can help me fix the things up. Everything goes for my Android device.

brown7
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN protocol in China.

Post by brown7 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:12 pm

If you're the use of OpenVPN in China, even on port 443, you could locate that your connections are unstable. The trouble is that Chinese authorities can come across the distinction between “normal” SSL encryption and VPN encryption. The answer is to masks your OpenVPN connection, and make it appear to be a everyday HTTPS connection.