Archive of old OpenVPN versions for old Android 4.2 tablet

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
AH89
OpenVpn Newbie

Archive of old OpenVPN versions for old Android 4.2 tablet

Post by AH89 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi there,

There are many versions searchable on the Internet, but check-sums may differ. So I was wondering if any particular distribution hosts are recommended over the others. I need an old version of OpenVPN for my old Android 4.2 tablet.

Thanks.

Brighty
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Archive of old OpenVPN versions for old Android 4.2 tablet

Post by Brighty » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:39 am

Don't hold your breath for an answer, my question posted a month ago has not one answer and has only been viewed 50 times.

Crappest form I ever joined in many years, and I've joined a few.... :mrgreen:

elarry
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Archive of old OpenVPN versions for old Android 4.2 tablet

Post by elarry » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:54 am

Oh dear... I thought I might have found a solution to my OpenVPN Connect (v3.2.4) crash at start-up on two old Android 4.4.2 devices... The description of the stated version suggests that it supports Android 4.4+ but the app crashed on both devices every time at start-up while working fine on all my other devices running newer versions of Androids from 7 to 11. I therefore wonder a switch to an older version of this app is needed. Hope someone could kindly show some love for older devices. :|

[2021-03-15 UPDATE]
I seemed to find an app working on my Android 4.4.2 tablet - the OpenVPN for Android open-source app by Arne Schwabe. I somehow missed the official introduction to it at https://openvpn.net/vpn-server-resource ... h-android/. It doesn't crash at start-up and worked well so far on my old TV box. If you haven't tried it, give it a go! ;)