OPENVPN ON ANDROID BLOCKS WHATSAPP

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

raphaeltaieb
OpenVpn Newbie

OPENVPN ON ANDROID BLOCKS WHATSAPP

Post by raphaeltaieb » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:48 am

Hello,

I installed OPENVPN client on my Android but this blocks Whatsapp (voice calls, videos calls, non reception of messages ...)

Is there a solution to work around the problem?

I connect to a vpn server via the site www.vpnbook.com (the names of the available servers are vpnbook-us1-tcp80
vpnbook-us1-tcp443
vpnbook-us1-udp53
vpnbook-us1-udp25000

vpnguy
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OPENVPN ON ANDROID BLOCKS WHATSAPP

Post by vpnguy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:35 pm

Having the same issue. Not sure if it's OpenVPN, or just the server isn't configured to route WhatsApp data. I do get messages, but no phone calls

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OPENVPN ON ANDROID BLOCKS WHATSAPP

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:35 pm

Hi There,

As far as I know, vpnbook is a free vpn provider which is not run by us. I have this tested with our enterprise product, which is the OpenVPN Access Server with traffic being routed within the tunnel itself and it is working as expected. Able to initiate a call to a person based in UAE without any issues at all. With the test I run, messaging and video call is working smoothly. In short, whatsapp functionality is working fine.

This confirmed that the issue itself is not related to any OpenVPN Product/Software.

Best Regards,
Crowley
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support