client is not connected (no errors)

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
Delovoy
OpenVpn Newbie

client is not connected (no errors)

Post by Delovoy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Hello. Guys, I have a client on the samsung s8 + smartphone. and the server on the router, and a couple of computers that are connected to the vpn server (there are no problems with them, openvpn is used). In this list I have a problem only with openvpn connect. I use 2 networks, wan and lan. Within the wifi network, I connect to the lan, and outside of the network coverage I use wan (this is a symbol, I have the keys so simple) And I switch constantly. But the whole problem is that you can not connect at all to anything if the connection was incorrectly completed (for example, I was at home, used wifi and went out to make snowmen, the connection is disconnected and the subsequent connection can not be made without restarting the smartphone)

how to solve the problem? every time to reboot the device is not very convenient.

Delovoy
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: client is not connected (no errors)

Post by Delovoy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm

status openvpn: disconnected
I click on the connect button and nothing happens. button -
dummy. will work after reboot of the smartphone

Tropod
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Tropod » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:08 pm

I have a different issue to yours, though perhaps similar:
Samsung S7 upto date.
ASUS Router VPN Server settings (have tried other settings): https://www.snbforums.com/attachments/server-jpg.9498/
OpenVPN Connect V3.0.2.(958) - won't connect, there's no logs & no errors, it just sits there constantly trying to load displaying "Disconnected".

One of many .opvn file settings I've tried:

Code: Select all

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote myDDNS.asuscomm.com 443
float
cipher none
auth none
comp-lzo no
keepalive 15 60
remote-cert-tls server
--CERTIFICATES-----
--CERTIFICATES-----
--CERTIFICATES-----
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
I really don't know what to do beyond what I've already tried or even how to troubleshoot. Fact is though OpenVPN Connect is not giving any errors or indication of why it's not connecting, & router isn't getting any errors either.

If need more info let me know. Oh & I am completely new/novice to all this :mrgreen:

EDIT: I've just checked;
I can access my router remotely over the web & log into the router, via browser DDNS+https+port. So accessing it is not a problem. So perhaps a setting or something, but app doesn't give any clues :?:

Tropod
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Tropod » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Got it to work & think found possible cause.
My smartphone already has another VPN installed, for internet browsing only. This has either blocked or prevented something from being initialized.
So I manually added a generic VPN to my phone & it forced existing VPN to stop in the background. And now I'm able to connect to server with my smartphone using OpenVPN Connect. This is despite fact that I had previously turned other VPN off.