OpenVPN issues with Android 7.0 Galaxy S6 and Hikvision iVMS-4500..

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
pbc
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN issues with Android 7.0 Galaxy S6 and Hikvision iVMS-4500..

Post by pbc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi All,

Just implemented OpenVPN on my Netgear R7000 router using XWRT-VORTEX software. Primary use was so that I could ensure my IP Cameras (all Hikvision) were only accessible via VPN vs port forwarding

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 7.0 and a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge running 7.0.

Everything works as it should on my S8. However, I can not get the Hikvision iVMS-4500 app to view my cameras when connected via OpenVPN.

What's really odd, is that when I turn on OpenVPN on the phone (and disable wifi), I can get to my local IP addresses just fine for everything except my NVR that controls my cameras.

Eg., I can access my router's main page, my Brother Printer, etc. But when I go to the local IP Address for the NVR, it just hangs and hangs, just like what the App does.

Yet on my S8, everything works fine.

I've checked to ensure Power Saving mode is off on the S6, but for the life of me can't figure out what else could cause this very odd issue. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

pbc
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN issues with Android 7.0 Galaxy S6 and Hikvision iVMS-4500..

Post by pbc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Maybe I should summarize to simply say that there is one local IP address in my system that for some reason my Samsung Galaxy S6 won't connect to (being my Network Video Recorder/NVR), while everything else seems to work just fine with OpenVPN, and that same site works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S8, same settings as far as I'm aware.