earthVPN on Blackberry Z10 with Android (10.2.1.1259)

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
travesierrablau
OpenVpn Newbie

earthVPN on Blackberry Z10 with Android (10.2.1.1259)

Post by travesierrablau » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:09 am

I am trying to configure EarthVPN on Blackberry Z10, using the openVPN for Android app.
See setup instructions here
http://www.earthvpn.com/how-to-configur ... n-android/

In the tab "Basic" I am asked to select the CA Certificate "earthvpn.crt" which I have already downloaded into my Blackberry Z10 device into directory "Device/downloads". I also put a copy onto my SD-card, also into the directory "Media Card/downloads".

When pressing the grey button "Select..." next to CA Certificate, I am shown the filesystem directory of the device, but I cannot get access to "device/downloads". Either I am blind, or there is no access path, i.e. access is denied.

One solution would be to put a CA Certificate into the filesystem directory that I can access from the app "openVPN for Androids".

Has anybody got any useful hints how to get a CA Certificate recognised? Has anybody succeeded in doing what I am trying to do? Does "openVPN for Android" support such an operation?

plaisthos
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: earthVPN on Blackberry Z10 with Android (10.2.1.1259)

Post by plaisthos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 am

Even if you manage to import your VPN configuration it is dubious that it will work. The VPNService API is modifying the network stack of the operating system and I am not sure if Blackberry also emulates that.