Proxy Error NTLM phase 2 content lengh not zero

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
shooter40sw
OpenVpn Newbie

Proxy Error NTLM phase 2 content lengh not zero

Post by shooter40sw » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi guys, Im getting these errors:

proxy error NTLM phase 2 content length is not zero is the error that give me in the openvpn connect, cant take the hole log out, but other errors in the NTLM are " Credentials are missing", possible username/password incorrect, HTTP Proxy requires credentials.

My credentials are correct because I can browse the internet through the proxy using FF and chrome with no issues, In my environment we have 2 proxys one with basic authentication through LDAP and an NTLM, though both of them that require credentials work fine if I browse the internet, My openvpn server is an ASUS Router with the Merlin build, it works perfect without proxy and it also works with the basic authentication proxy, so there is no issue with the setup because it works through the basic auth proxy but when I try to connect the the NTLM it gives me those errors, this changing the proxy on the app itself, I also tried to change / place the proxy setting in the client.opvn file but it seems that the opnvpn client for android ignores this option I asume because it has this built in, in the NTLM option, I have tried also the basic and not basic auth with no success and also I have tried different combinations of domain\username, username@domain.com, domain/username, username and password. I use a Nexus 4 stock firmware no root. Proxy with NTLM is bluecoat and the proxy with basic squid.
Thanks for the help

jamesyonan
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Proxy Error NTLM phase 2 content lengh not zero

Post by jamesyonan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:35 pm

We tested the NTLM capability with ISA 2006, and the NTLM phase-2 Content-Length is always 0 there. The HTTP connection is used for multiple transactions using keep-alive so we can't simply ignore the content length because that would put us out of sync. Which proxy server are you using with NTLM?

James

shooter40sw
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by shooter40sw » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi on a bluecoat and squid proxy based on Debian Linux it gives the same error if I use iOS or android . With basic authentication in squid it works Ldap. But when squid uses ntlm fails to authenticate. Thanks

jamesyonan
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by jamesyonan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 am

If you can provide us with temporary access to this type of NTLM proxy server, we can take a look at it. Email us at android@openvpn.net to discuss.

James

jamesyonan
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by jamesyonan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:01 am

This should be fixed in 1.1.11

James

shooter40sw
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by shooter40sw » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks! just tested it and it works!