Route issue?

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
limatom
OpenVpn Newbie

Route issue?

Post by limatom » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Hey experts,

I need your help with this terrible issue. I have a configured and working OpenVPN Server under Windows (I now!!) … my Windows Clients working perfectly and I have no issues. I can use all my connected devices and servers at home in my local network. Also I can use Netflix and co. outside of my country (redirect-gateway def1).

Here comes my issue: With my Samsung Galaxy s7 (android 8) I can connect and use the VPN, but not at all time! That means, I can connect and use VPN, for example with zioper (sip softphone app), but when I start the Netflix app or other apps like prime etc. the VPN says still "connected", but I can not use the VPN anymore. It seems that I can reach the endpoints like my VPN server, but the endpoints can not reach my galaxy at this point. Ping does not work after I start the Netflix app.

Situation:
I start my OpenVPN app on my galaxy s7, the VPN connects perfectly and I can use it, like surfing with my browser and pinging endpoints. If I start the Netflix app everything is broken and nothing works anymore. After restarting the phone the VPN is accessible again until I start the Netflix app.

Has anyone of you an idea what's wrong in my case? With my galaxy s5 (android 6) I have not that problem.

Hope I could explain my problem to you and you can help me.

Thank's a lot and best regards!
tom