A lot of "Local Area Connection" randomly appearing in my pc

All comments and questions related to the functionality of the OpenVPN web pages and forum should go here.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

RyanS
OpenVpn Newbie

A lot of "Local Area Connection" randomly appearing in my pc

Post by RyanS » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:02 pm

I know it's the wrong section but this "Support Forum" doesn't actually have a "Support" section/category...
I never used OpenVPN , but for some reason every once in a while new and unknown "Local Area Connect" appear.. most of them labled as "TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS" or "TAP-Windows-Adapter V9" .. So why did I came here they might be from another service that uses networks (like tunngle or something) but the New and unknown Local Area Connections are from "Open VPN".. Well at least that's what the "Digital Signer: OpenVPN" says on the unknown Networks.. How can I get RID of them? I've tried a lot of things, from antivirus scanning to regediting. .Also uninstalling them isn't a long-term solution, they just create new ones after a few days, if I disable them they just enable all by themselves. Please someone help me...? Never used OpenVPN (never had it installed)

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: A lot of "Local Area Connection" randomly appearing in m

Post by Traffic » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:20 pm

RyanS wrote:every once in a while new and unknown "Local Area Connect" appear.. most of them labled as "TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS" or "TAP-Windows-Adapter V9"
Both types .. :shock:
RyanS wrote:Never used OpenVPN (never had it installed)
Something else must have installed them .. maybe something you use for work ..