Internet gateway help

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
antman1p
OpenVpn Newbie

Internet gateway help

Post by antman1p » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:59 pm

I have set up the OpenVPN, Bring Your Own License (BYOL) deployment in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and am able to tunnel all of my client machine traffic through the VPN Access server and can access my servers on the VPN network that live in GCP.
The problem I am having is that those servers that live in GCP that are on the VPN network cannot reach out to the internet unless I give them a public IP. For this particular setup I do not want each server to have its own public IP, but I want them to reach out to the internet through one IP address/gateway. I was expecting that all traffic would route through the Access Server's public IP as a gateway, just as my local (non-cloud) client machine does when I tunnel through the VPN access server. This does not appear to be the case.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Is this a best practice, or is there a better way to have all of the servers on the VPN network to route traffic through one public IP?