OpenVPNAS 2.5, VPN connected but Cannot access Internet from the Client (My Laptop)

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
amit.m.gupt
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPNAS 2.5, VPN connected but Cannot access Internet from the Client (My Laptop)

Post by amit.m.gupt » Fri May 25, 2018 2:58 am

I have recently installed OpenVPN AS 10 User license (v 2.5). The VPN connection works fine from my laptop and I can access my AWS EC2 Instances in the Private subnets while I am connected to the OPenVPN Server.
The issue is while I am connected my Internet connection stops working. Just ping any internet site (yahoo.com) results in "General failure"

Looks like many folks have had this issue, although the resolution posted is not very clear.

I would appreciate if the OpenVPN Team summarizes the cause of the issue and the resolution and post it in their troubleshooting sections so iot is helpful for any OpenVPN newbies like me.

Hope to get this resolved soon..

Thanks
Amit

bbuckm
OpenVPN User

Re: OpenVPNAS 2.5, VPN connected but Cannot access Internet from the Client (My Laptop)

Post by bbuckm » Mon May 28, 2018 1:50 pm

You are posting in the free, “community” forum. If you paid for OpenVPN Access Server, are you not entitled to use the paid support page?

desbest
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPNAS 2.5, VPN connected but Cannot access Internet from the Client (My Laptop)

Post by desbest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 am

Sorry for the late reply.
I think I have figured out how to solve the problem. My solution is here.