openvpn how to hide your pubblic ip

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
openmind
OpenVpn Newbie

openvpn how to hide your pubblic ip

Post by openmind » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:16 pm

hi,
I would like use openvpn to hide my public ip, I would like to use openvpn to connect my computer to internet with an masqueraded ip, if it's possible....
I installed openvpn on ubuntu and I tryed to configure it following the guide how to tunneling all the traffic through openvpn, but the guide was referred to openvpn for server-client connection and also I don't know if what i would like to do is possible with openvpn...
so I ask you if it's possible and how I can do this.

p.s. I read about online server tunneling that hide your ip also by payment service, but I'm not interested in this, I would like to do something by myself with openvpn if it's possible.
best regards

thorfix
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: openvpn how to hide your pubblic ip

Post by thorfix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:05 am

Hi Openmind.....That's the POINT !!!! I share the same issue!!! So I open a another topic with following question:

"Can openvpn to be able to hide real ISP IP on client?"

My case below:
"......Does can openvpn to be able to hide real ISP IP on client side only with "redirect-gateway def1" or there are more procedures that I need to make for complete that? or is it only possible using a VPN online account like NordVPN, hide-my-ass, hide.me, whatever....?
I have made my home work all best I can, but unfortunately it not work for me yet. My client can connect my server outside or inside network. It crossing a Endian firewall appliance machine with Proxy + iptables in the server machine (another machine). So when I try to check dnsleaktest or whatsmyip......I can see just my real ISP IP, but when I apply traceroute I can see web traffic client crossing inside VPN normally with first node to 10.8.0.1 (vpn server)....." Why my vpn server IP not result to dnsleaktest or whatsmyip checks?

thorfix
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: openvpn how to hide your pubblic ip

Post by thorfix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:17 am

Have a look to this topic, interesting position about hidden IP with openvpn
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27010&p=81297&hilit=hide+ip#p81297 (TLS Error using public IP adress)