Listening on two ports using one instance

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
drequivalent
OpenVpn Newbie

Listening on two ports using one instance

Post by drequivalent » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:56 pm

Let's say I have an OpenVPN instance listening on port 333. But I am going to some place where all the ports save for, say, 555, are blocked.
I still need my instance on 333. But I also need it on 555 then, because it's inaccessible on 333 where I am.
I could try running two different instances, but that's not what I need - I want to connect to my existing virtual network.
My proposal:
Support listening on multiple ports out of the box. The config notation either this:

Code: Select all

listen 333, 555
or this:

Code: Select all

listen 333
listen 555
It should not be too hard to do, and it is kinda an obvious thing to do, i wonder why it is not done yet.

nevyn
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Listening on two ports using one instance

Post by nevyn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 am

I know this is an Old post but I think this would be a fantastic addition, (Still looking for a way to do this)

Basically I would like the server to listen on both TCP and UDP for various ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 8080

This would then allow me to utilize OPENVPN from multiple locations where they lock traffic down.

If this has been added in the last year and a bit my apologies but it would be great

luckman212
OpenVPN User

Re: Listening on two ports using one instance

Post by luckman212 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:13 am

Is this being considered? Came here looking for the same thing. Need to at least be able to specify in the config files additional listen ports, so it will put multiple "remote" lines, one for each port. We can NAT forward the additional ports to the main 1194 etc port of the AS if it doesn't have the ability to listen on multiple ports natively. But I don't want to have to manually edit the configs for 100 users, I would like if the GUI handled this.