Branding Tips and Howto's

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
learning
OpenVpn Newbie

Branding Tips and Howto's

Post by learning » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Greetings,

I have recently followed http://openvpn.net/index.php/access-ser ... eb-ui.html and was able to successfully update the logo.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to update the favicon.ico file that appears in the browser tab. Has anyone done this or have any documentation?

Thanks in advance.

tsdadmin
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Branding Tips and Howto's

Post by tsdadmin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:36 pm

I would also be interested in this.

Thanks guys...

mielie
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Branding Tips and Howto's

Post by mielie » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi,

I appreciate this thread is a little old but I changed my AS favicon yesterday and couldn't find any instructions on how to do it on the internet so thought I would post some details here.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as editing the as.conf file, although if someone knows a way to do it please let me know!

The favicon is stored in an egg file in a folder called site-packages. If you uncompress the archive you will find the favicon nested in a subfolder /web/common (I think!). You can then change it, zip the files and folders back up and restart the access server.

It's worked well for me. I've even put a higher res favicon and not had any issues.

I imagine this could easily be undone in a package update so a way to customise through the as.conf would be much better.