All client traffic through VPN with all ports

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
redace
OpenVpn Newbie

All client traffic through VPN with all ports

Post by redace » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:33 pm

Hello !

Because of a special Router system installed in my appartement (don't ask question about it), I can't access all web services freely, I need to use an OpenVPN to tunnel all my traffic through a server. Then I can acces all ports and protocols on my computer (especially P2P and special ports for gaming, Discord/TeamSpeak purpose).

Some free openvpn servers are capable of such a thing, the problem is that they are too slow (over 300 ms of ping). So I intended to create my own server using a Dedicated Server (Google cloud VPS for who knows it).

My server is correctly set-up and I can connect to it but I wasn't able to get acces to the services I was looking for (like the free online servers i found). I tried to use (push "redirect-gateway def1") to make it work and several other options but I still can't make it work as intended.

I need to know how exactly I can do what I want with my server because it seems I missed something.
My firewall is set to fully accept all of the incoming/outgoing traffic.

Thank-you for your help !