OpenVPN config how to simple

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
AndyDK
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN config how to simple

Post by AndyDK » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi all,

Just installed the .ova file from the OpenVPN site, to test how it works. But i've got a few questions i hope i could get answer of:

After config. in VMware Workstation Player, i made a user, and logged into that admin page.

What should i change/edit to get the basic out of the server? I mean, the plan is to install the .ova file on a server that should work as a VPN to remote to the server (running Win 10 Pro)

I should fill in the public IP address into Admin panel? And i should change the internal ip address to the local pool i should get access on (in this case it would be a local 192.168.1.xx i want access to from outside via the OpenVPN server running.

Is there anything else i should config? I using a ISP where i (hopefully) can get the ports open. Then i need to install the OpenVPN client on my client laptop, and enter the public IP to the server, and then the user/pass i made in Admin controlpanel.

Please correct me if i am wrong... :-)