MacOS connects to the server but no Internet

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
diginet
OpenVpn Newbie

MacOS connects to the server but no Internet

Post by diginet » Wed May 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi

VPNs are being hunt down by local ISPs in the United Arab Emirates. Many of the most popular ones were working fine until last weekend.
Now, the VPNs still connect but then there is no Internet traffic at all. It is like the ISP triggers the speed or simply disconnects the access at all.

So... I created an OpenVPN server in a VPS somewhere and it works perfectly fine on iOS mobile using OpenVPN app.
Unfortunately it doesn't work on MacOS. I tried tunnelblick and Viscosity and the original problem appears: no Internet connection after the VPN is connected.

Any idea on how can this be fixed? I can send logs (if someone points me to the right direction).

Thank you

diginet
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: MacOS connects to the server but no Internet

Post by diginet » Wed May 16, 2018 8:33 pm

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Wed May 16, 2018 8:55 pm

The log above shows you are connected ..

Please see:
HOWTO: Request Help ! {2}

diginet
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by diginet » Thu May 17, 2018 1:34 am

Hi

So, do you need the logs with — verb 4 and my configuration file, is that right?

saudnet
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by saudnet » Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Hello diginet,

Did you find any solution regarding the above problem? I live in United Arab Emirates and I face the same issue.

The status shows that I'm connected but it's very slow.

Please share if you have figured out how to solve this.

Thanks

diginet
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by diginet » Fri May 18, 2018 2:35 am

No. Unfortunately no solution as yet. I contacted 2 experts in OpenVPN and both confirmed that my configuration is fine for a normal situation. Due to the UAE ISPs (DU and Etisalat) being hunting home and mobile users, they don’t really know how to fix this.

I still know that PrivateTunnel works perfectly fine (so far) and my actual OpenVPN configuration works fine on my mobile only.