Access Client Network

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
first4it
OpenVpn Newbie

Access Client Network

Post by first4it » Fri May 20, 2016 12:02 am

Hi All,

I am having problems configuring access server for a specific architecture.

I have a Teltonika router which sits on a local LAN with address 10.10.2.1 (Gateway) This router allows you to set it up as a OpenVPN client which I have done and I have it connected to my access server using Autologin and certificates and I have created a user named 'router' .

The access server is providing 172.27.224.0/20 as the VPN IP address range for clients.

The router OpenVPN client has been provided with the VPN IP Address 172.27.232.2 and is showing as connected. The router is in a remote site and internet connectivity is provided via the cellular network with a 3G SIM.

I have an office PC sitting in another site in another location. This PC sits on another Local LAN provided with a dynamic IP address via DHCP. The Local LAN has an address of 192.168.16.1 (Gateway). This client PC is also connected and my access server via autologin and certificates and I have created a user in OpenVPN-AS named 'office'. The access server is providing 172.27.240.2 as the VPN IP address for this client.

So far so good. However now I have a major problem. The Office PC has software loaded on it that connects to several camera devices connected to the Teltonika router with IP addresses of 10.10.2.10, 10.10.2.11, 10.10.2.12

However I am unable to ping the Teltonika router 10.10.2.1 or any of the devices connected to the router from the PC and I need to be able to do this despite the fact that both clients are connected. I guess this is some kind of Access Control or routing issue but I don't now how to fix it.

I have read countless articles about User Access Control and Users acting as a Gateway but nothing works.

Can anyone advise how I configure Access Server to allow this. Ideally I don't want other clients setup on Access Server to access the remote network 10.10.2.1, only the Office PC Client.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm losing the will to live.

Many thanks.

Alan.