OpenVPS Access Server on VPS // Client to Client connection

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
-sky-
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPS Access Server on VPS // Client to Client connection

Post by -sky- » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:51 pm

Hi,
I installed OpenVPN Access Server successfully on a VPS and I also can connect with two clients to the OpenVPN Server on the VPS.
Both clients are in different networks and just connected to the Internet.
Both clients can ping each other (via the Privat IP they get from OpenVPN).
What are the next steps to connect the two computers so that I can, for example, use a local printer connected to client computer 1 also on client computer 2? Or that I have access to the whole network of the respective other client.
I have read a lot about Routing/Push/NAT/IPTables, but somehow I don't really understand where to enter this on the OpenVPN Access Server.

It is the first time that I work with VPN connections.
A VPS as OpenVPN server is needed because I can't use DynDNS because of LTE and DSLight.

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks!

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OpenVPS Access Server on VPS // Client to Client connection

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi. For community openvpn we have a nice flowchart for this:
While the concepts are the same, routes are of course added differently in Access Server, but this document about site-to-site routing in AS might help:
Site-to-site VPN routing explained in detail
You might also want to look at the OpenVPN Cloud service, especially if this is the only use you have for your VPS with Access Server. For Cloud there is this blog article:
Site-to-Site VPNs & OpenVPN Cloud

hth, regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support