Run openvpn-openssl with verb 9

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
bgolwala
OpenVpn Newbie

Run openvpn-openssl with verb 9

Post by bgolwala » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:24 am

I have install the openvpnas access server. I want to run the server with --verb 11
but openvpn-openssl run from pyovpn.sagent.iptworker so how we can ask pyovpn.sagent use --verb 11 in command line?
Can we add something in /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/as.conf or we need to pass some parameter to /usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/openvpnas ?

Following example of status of openvpn access server
service openvpnas status
● openvpnas.service - OpenVPN Access Server Service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openvpnas.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-12-08 07:26:24 UTC; 52min ago
Process: 12369 ExecStop=/bin/rm -f /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/sock/sagent /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/sock/sagent.localroot /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/sock/sagent.api (code=exited, status=0/
Process: 12381 ExecStart=/usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/openvpnas --logfile=/var/log/openvpnas.log --pidfile=/run/openvpnas.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 12415 (python2)
Tasks: 12 (limit: 2312)
CGroup: /system.slice/openvpnas.service
├─12415 python2 -c from pyovpn.sagent.sagent_entry import openvpnas ; openvpnas() --logfile=/var/log/openvpnas.log --pidfile=/run/openvpnas.pid
├─12434 /usr/bin/python2 -c from pyovpn.log.logworker import start ; start()
├─12435 /usr/bin/python2 -c from pyovpn.cserv.wserv_entry import start ; start() -no -u openvpn_as -g openvpn_as --pidfile /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/tmp/wserv.pid -r epoll
├─12458 /usr/bin/python2 -c from pyovpn.sagent.iptworker import start6 ; start6()
├─12461 /usr/bin/python2 -c from pyovpn.sagent.iptworker import start ; start()
├─12467 openvpn-openssl --errors-to-stderr --config stdin
├─12475 openvpn-openssl --errors-to-stderr --config stdin
├─12485 openvpn-openssl --errors-to-stderr --config stdin
├─12492 openvpn-openssl --errors-to-stderr --config stdin
├─12497 openvpn-openssl --errors-to-stderr --config stdin
├─12508 openvpn-openssl --errors-to-stderr --config stdin
└─12519 iptables-restore -n

chilinux
OpenVPN Power User

Re: Run openvpn-openssl with verb 9

Post by chilinux » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:26 pm

You might be able to do it from the admin web panel under:
Configuration -> Advanced VPN -> Server Config Directives

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Run openvpn-openssl with verb 9

Post by openvpn_inc » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:42 pm

bgolwala wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:24 am
I have install the openvpnas access server. I want to run the server with --verb 11
but openvpn-openssl run from pyovpn.sagent.iptworker so how we can ask pyovpn.sagent use --verb 11 in command line?
chilinux wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:26 pm
You might be able to do it from the admin web panel under:
Configuration -> Advanced VPN -> Server Config Directives
Well, as chilinux did, I thought that might work. But I am told it probably will not.

I think --verb 11 makes sense if you're using the spinaltap kernel driver, rather than ordinary tap, which only goes to 10. Or maybe binary solo. For ordinary use, no, that would be insane.

Why do you want to do this? If you are having a problem, even if you're only a free usage level non-customer, you can open a ticket and have us look at your logs. Please see the URL in my signature.

hth, regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support