Access Restriction to Specific IP

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
sumitrathi95@gmail.com
OpenVpn Newbie

Access Restriction to Specific IP

Post by sumitrathi95@gmail.com » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Hello Team,

I am new to OpenVPN. I want to understand that if I have the user and I want that user to be restricted to use specific IP Address and block any other IP address then how can I achieve this?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Access Restriction to Specific IP

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:43 pm

Hello,

Normally with Access Server, you go to Configuration > VPN Settings and in the 'Should VPN clients have access to private subnets (non-public networks on the server side)?' section you set it to 'no' so your users by default do not get access to anything. Then you go to user permissions and per user you can use the 'allow access to' function to give a user access to a specific IP. Then only that user gets access to just that one IP.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support