SESSION ERROR

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
frank3427
OpenVpn Newbie

SESSION ERROR

Post by frank3427 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm

hello everybody,
I've installed openvpn access server v2.8.7 on Ubuntu 16.04.7 and bought license for 20 clients.
Everything is working just fine except the Status-->Log reports menu. When I click it I get the following error message:

Sorry, a session error has occurred
It is possible that your session has expired or your login credentials do not allow access to this resource. See error text below for further details:
SESSION ERROR: SESSION: Your session has expired, please reauthenticate (9007)

chilinux
OpenVPN Power User

Re: SESSION ERROR

Post by chilinux » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:39 pm

A couple things to note which aren't really related to your main question:

First, Ubuntu 16.04.x series is end of life. It's 5 year life cycle was from April 2016 to April 2021. For a VPN server you really should upgrade to 18.04 or 20.04.

Second, OpenVPN AS 2.8.7 is also out of date and the latest version of 2.8.8 addresses a critical security advisory issue.

More details about the AS 2.8.8 update is available here:
https://openvpn.net/vpn-server-resources/release-notes/

For the Log Reports issue, see if you can recreate the issue with the latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

If you are still having problems, then try running the following commands:

Code: Select all

sqlite3 /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/db/log.db .databases
sqlite3 /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/db/log.db .tables
If you get commands not found then you may need to run apt-get install sqlite3

If you get "Error: database disk image malformed" then that is the problem. I would then recommend contact OpenVPN AS support for how to fix the corrupted database file.