OpenVPN Connect Linux client

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
eglyn
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN Connect Linux client

Post by eglyn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:42 am

Hi :)

I am looking for a openvpn connect client for linux laptop, with same graphic interface than windows client.
I just find a openvpn3 client for linux, but only with command line, and an ovpn config file is necessary. There is no configuration with https request direct to ther server, and a autologin option.

We want to deploy OpenVPN access server for our 300 laptop, but some of them are on Linux, and we need the same easy config than the windows client ^^
So, is this client exist (even in beta version) ?

Thx :)

chilinux
OpenVPN Power User

Re: OpenVPN Connect Linux client

Post by chilinux » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:25 pm

If you have a GNOME desktop environment then you should be able to use network-manager-applet to import the OpenVPN AS .ovpn configuration file.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:51 pm

Hi There,

We do not have an official OpenVPN Connect Client for Linux - the only available clients for Linux are OpenVPN 2.x and our beta openvpn3 command line clients. OpenVPN Connect is only available on Windows/Mac/iOS/Android.
eglyn wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:42 am
Hi :)

I am looking for a openvpn connect client for linux laptop, with same graphic interface than windows client.
I just find a openvpn3 client for linux, but only with command line, and an ovpn config file is necessary. There is no configuration with https request direct to ther server, and a autologin option.

We want to deploy OpenVPN access server for our 300 laptop, but some of them are on Linux, and we need the same easy config than the windows client ^^
So, is this client exist (even in beta version) ?

Thx :)
Regards,
Crowley
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

eglyn
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by eglyn » Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 pm

Ok thx :)

But how to generate the ovpn file with the access server ?

I was hoping to find some kind of button in the user interface of the admin console that would say: download ovpn file :D

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Thu May 06, 2021 9:18 pm

Hi There,

You can actually download this on client UI as seen on the below screenshot:

Also, you can generate one as well on the access server node itself via the command line below:

Save a server-locked profile to client.ovpn:

Code: Select all

./sacli GetGeneric >client.ovpn
Save a user-locked profile to client.ovpn:

./sacli --user <USER_NAME> AutoGenerateOnBehalfOf
./sacli --user <USER_NAME> GetUserlogin >client.ovpn
Save an auto-login type profile to client.ovpn:

./sacli --user <USER_NAME> GetAutologin >client.ovpn
Save a separate files version of a user-locked profile:

./sacli -o ./ --cn <USER_NAME> Get5
Save separate files version of an auto-login profile:

./sacli -o ./ --cn <USER_NAME>_AUTOLOGIN Get5
eglyn wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 pm
Ok thx :)

But how to generate the ovpn file with the access server ?

I was hoping to find some kind of button in the user interface of the admin console that would say: download ovpn file :D
Regards,
Crowley
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support