OpenVPN Connect Client installer creation error

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
theap
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN Connect Client installer creation error

Post by theap » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:04 am

hello,

I try to generate installer
OpenVPN Access Server ver. 2.8.7

Code: Select all

/usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/sacli --itype "mac_v3" -o ./ GetGenericInstaller
ERROR: exceptions.KeyError: 'mac_v3' (9000)

/usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/sacli --itype msi_v3 -o ./ GetGenericInstaller
ERROR: exceptions.KeyError: 'win_v3' (9000)
please help

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OpenVPN Connect Client installer creation error

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:35 pm

Hello,

I have just tested this on OpenVPN Access Server 2.8.7 - copy pasted the exact commands you posted - and it works just fine here.

Is it possible that your system does not meet minimum system requirements of 1GB memory? Or that your system is out of free hard disk space? Both cases could possibly lead to strange problems when trying to create these installers. Can you tell us what operating system this is on? Does downloading the installer through the web interface work normally? Perhaps your installers are not present (forgot to install them or uninstalled them?) - try checking contents of directory where client installers should be with command: ls -alR /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/exe/ and post the results.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.nets/support

theap
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by theap » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:28 pm

- Centos 7 (disk size is sufficient)
- This directory is empty /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/exe/ (I don't know what happened to this)
- how can i restore it?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Hello theap,

Well that explains why things don't work for you. I am not entirely sure how you managed to have an empty directory there. When I tried to remove the package openvpn-as-bundled-clients that contains the files that belong in that directory, it will also offer to automatically remove openvpn-as, the main OpenVPN Access Server package, as one depends on the other. Perhaps if the package was forcibly removed via rpm instead of yum that this situation could have occurred. It is not an expected situation in any case.

It might be superfluous to mention this but I would recommend you backup your Access Server files in /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/db/ as it contains your important certificates and configurations and put that backup somewhere safe before you do anything else.

To try and reproduce your problem I just went ahead and wiped the files in /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/exe to simulate this on my own CentOS7 installation. There's two things that I can think of that can be wrong. One is where the package 'openvpn-as-bundled-clients' is simply not present at all, which would be strange, but, then the fix is easy. And the other is that the directory was emptied for some reason, but the system still thinks the package is installed and won't allow installing it.

Just run this to try to install the package if it is somehow missing:

yum install openvpn-as-bundled-clients
And then the files should come back in the etc/exe dir.

If it doesn't do anything and says you already have this installed, then you can try telling rpm to 'forget' this package without affecting dependencies, and then do the above command again, to force a reinstall of the package.

'Forget' the package openvpn-as-bundled-clients and try reinstalling again:

rpm -e --justdb --nodeps openvpn-as-bundled-clients
yum install openvpn-as-bundled-clients
This resolved the issue on my CentOS7 machine.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.nets/support

theap
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by theap » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am

Yes. This fixed my issue. Thanks!

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:11 am

Hi theap,

Great to hear.

Have a nice day,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.